In 2018, in all European airspace 11 million flights took place, which translates to roughly 30 168 flights daily. It is no surprise that there may occur some deviations from the scheduled timetable, such as delayed or canceled flights.
Travel by plane to and from a holiday or a business trip destination should be easy. A passenger has the right to expect that the airline which sold the ticket will organize a punctual flight to the place indicated as the flight destination.
If you flight was delayed, canceled or you were denied boarding an airplane, lawyers and attorneys-at-law from Miśkowicz Pach i Partnerzy will help you to claim damages and successfully determine the amount of compensation you should be granted.
We can help you pursue compensation in the following cases:
- for a delayed flight,
- for a canceled flight,
- if you were denied entry on board an airplane.
According to the regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council, if a flight was delayed for over three hours, canceled or more tickets were sold than there is seats inside the airplane, a carrier is obligated to pay out compensation for the passenger. The compensation will be due if the problem was caused by circumstances for which the carrier is responsible.
The amount of compensation depends on the distance between the airport of departure and the destination airport and the length of delay. Amounts of compensation range between 250 and 600 euro per person. Below you can find information about when you may demand compensation and how high it would be.
If your flight was canceled, you were denied boarding an airplane or your flight was delayed, you have the right to pursue compensation in the amount of:
- 250 EUR for all flights up to 1.500 kilometers long;
- 400 EUR for all intra-Community flights over 1.500 kilometers long and all other flights rangin from 1.500 to 3.500 kilometers;
- 600 EUR for all flights other than those mentioned in points 1 and 2 above.
If your flight was delayed, you instead have the right to pursue compensation in the amount of:
- 250 EUR if the flight was delayed for two or more hours in case of flights up to 1.500 kilometers long,
- 400 EUR if the flight was delayed for three ore more hours in case of all intra-Community flights over 1.500 kilometers long and all other flights ranging from 1.500 to 3.500 kilometers; or
- 600 EUR if the flight was delayed for four or more hours in case of all other flights.
In determining the distance, the basis shall be the last destination at which the denial of boarding or cancellation will delay the passenger’s arrival after the scheduled time.
If your flight was canceled or delayed, the Law Firm will guarantee comprehensive legal assistance in pursuing compensation irrespective of whether your flight took place in Europe or outside of it, or whether a flight was hadled by a European or other carrier, or whether the destination place was inside Europe.